What are the ADDYs?
The AAF Student American Advertising Awards Competition, formerly the ADDYs, is sponsored by the AAF and National Ad 2. It is a unique national awards program designed specially for college students. Work entered at your local level can move up to the regional and national judging, just like the work entered by professionals across the country.
1st Tier | Local Competition
Concurrently, all across the country, local student entrants vie to win ADDY Awards – recognition as the very best in their markets.
AAF Jacksonville covers entrants from Duval, Clay, St. Johns, Baker, Nassau and Putnam counties.
2nd Tier | District Competition
Your work will then compete with ADDY student winners from throughout Florida and the Caribbean. Should the entry win Gold again at the district level, it will be forwarded to the national competition, with fees paid by the district.
1st Tier winners will compete against other student winners from: Daytona, Emerald Coast, Miami, Orlando, Panama City, Pensacola, Pol County, Space Coast, Suncast, Tallahassee, Tampa Bay, Treasure Coast, Gainesville, Ft. Lauderdale, and the Caribbeans.
3rd Tier | National Competition
Here your work will compete with winning student work from all across the nation to be counted among the best student work in the country.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an accredited U.S. post-secondary educational institution.
- All worked entered into the competition must have been created between January 1 and December 21, 2018.
- Work may be developed specifically for this competition or submitted from previous projects or competitions.
- Work must be created while entrant is a student not employed in the advertising industry. Student intern work is eligible if it is not used by or paid for by a client. Work developed for paying clients will not be accepted.
- Entries may be entered into only one local American Advertising Awards competition, which is determined by the location of the school at which the work was created. If an affiliated competition does not exist in the market (CBSA, DMA or MSA), the district will direct the entrant to the nearest affiliated competition.
- Recent graduates are eligible to enter as long as the entry was created while the entrant was a student during the 2018 calendar year and the entry meets all other requirements.
The Best of Show student wins a $500.00 scholarship.
Winning an ADDY as a student puts you above your peers right out of the gate.
Agencies are attracted to students that win awards.
And by entering the ADDYs, you are supporting the entire advertising industry. Proceeds go to enhance advertising through programs such as public service, internships, advocacy groups, advertising education, and consumer awareness.
Cost of Entry
Students get an 82% discount on all entries!
- Single Entry: $25 per entry
- Campaign Entry: $45 per campaign
Winners will be announced at the 2019 ADDY Gala! Tickets will be on sale soon.
- Deadline to Enter: January 18, 2019 by 5PM
- January 18 Drop off location: Dalton Agency
- Deadline to Enter with late fee ($30 per single entry, $35 per campaign): January 25, 2019 by 5PM
- ADDY Gala: March 2, 2019
Need help? Please email us at email@example.com
Selection of the most creative entry is effected by a scoring process in which a panel of judges evaluates all creative dimensions of every entry. A Student GOLD ADDY Award is recognition of the highest level of creative excellence and is judged to be superior. Student entries that are also considered outstanding and worthy of recognition receive a Student SILVER ADDY Award. The number of awards given in each category is determined by the judges, based on the relative quality of work in that category.
Message from our presidentJoin today
“When I want to connect with other people in my industry, I know where to find them. When people come to me asking who can they reach out to for a service or job, I know where to direct them. The friends and connections I’ve made through AAF over the past 5 years are irreraplaceable to me and it's been an honor to serve the Jax ad community!”