The American Advertising Federation of Jacksonville (AAF Jacksonville) annually offers two $500 scholarships to students majoring, or planning to major, in Advertising, Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design, Fine Arts or other related fields of study.
The first scholarship is awarded to the Best of Show from the Student ADDY Awards. The second $500, outlined below, is a merit based essay scholarship.
2019 Entries are open!
The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage personal growth and knowledge of the industry. Applicants must be enrolled at one of the following Florida Higher Education Academies:
- Jacksonville University
To Apply & Deadlines
The deadline to apply for this scholarship is February 8, 2019. The decision of the Scholarship Committee is final.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS BELOW WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
- Download and complete the 2019 AAF Jacksonville Scholarship Application. Download here.
- Write an essay that in 500 words or less outlines your career objectives, provides information about your background, financial needs, leadership activities and membership in student organizations or clubs.
- Provide two letters of recommendation.
- Letters of recommendation may be mailed or emailed directly to the AAF Jacksonville Education Chair from the individual making the recommendation.
- Letters of recommendation must be received by 5:00 PM on February 8, 2019 in order to count toward your application.
All completed applications will be reviewed by the AAF Jacksonville Scholarship Committee.
Email the application, essay, and letters of recommendation to the AAF Jacksonville Education Chair, Aliera Peterson at email@example.com
The funds will be assigned to and administered by the applicant’s college, university or art institution.
Should the chosen applicant drop out of school, any unused portion of the scholarship will be returned to AAF Jacksonville.
Message from our presidentJoin today
“When I want to connect with other people in my industry, I know where to find them. When people come to me asking who can they reach out to for a service or job, I know where to direct them. The friends and connections I’ve made through AAF over the past 5 years are irreraplaceable to me and it's been an honor to serve the Jax ad community!”