Conducted annually by the American Advertising Federation (AAF), the AAF Jacksonville phase is the first of a three-tier, national competition. Concurrently, all across the country, local entrants vie to win ADDY Awards – recognition as the very best in their markets. At the second tier, local ADDY winners compete against winners from other local clubs in one of 15 district competitions. District ADDY winners are then forwarded to the third tier, the national stage of the American Advertising Awards. Entry in your local Ad Club competition is the first step toward winning a national ADDY.
Entering the American Advertising Awards supports the entire advertising industry, because the AAF and its local and district affiliates use the proceeds to enhance advertising through programs such as public service, internships, advocacy groups, advertising education, and consumer awareness.
Selection of the most creative entry in each category is affected by a scoring process in which a panel of judges evaluates all creative dimensions of every entry.
A GOLD ADDY is recognition of the highest level of creative excellence and is judged to be superior to all other entries in the category. Entries that are also considered outstanding and worthy of recognition receive a SILVER ADDY. The number of awards given in each category is determined by the judges, based on the relative quality of work in that category.
- All work entered in the 2017 American Advertising Award competition must have first appeared in the media between January 1 and December 31, 2017.
- With the exceptions of Public Service Advertising and Advertising Industry Self Promotion categories, work entered must have been the result of paid creative services and media placement in the normal course of business (excluding student entries).
- Entries must be submitted in the CBSA, DMA or MSA where the work was created (as defined by Arbitron or Nielsen for your local market). In the event that there are entrants located in markets not served by a local American Advertising Award affiliated show, the acceptance, processing, judging, forwarding and fees of those entries will be decided by the governing body of the district in which the entrant is located.
- Click here to view student eligibility requirements.
ADDY® SUBMISSION PORTAL
- Single Entry: $75
- Campaign Entry: $90
- Single Entry: $145
- Campaign Entry: $175
- Single Entry: $25
- Campaign Entry: $45
*Entries must be packaged inside the AAF-issued clear envelopes with the Call for Entries card inside.
ADDY® GALA INFO:
February 17th, 2018
7:00 to 11:00 pm
Get your tickets here! All-you-can-drink wristbands will be available for $10.
AAF JACKSONVILLE ADDY® SUBMISSION TIMELINE:
Jan. 9th Pizza, Packets, & Questions – V Pizza San Marco 5:30-8:30PM
Jan. 17 Call for Entries Social, Location – Dos Gatos Downtown Jax 5-8PM
Jan. 22 Last Call for Entries
Jan. 23-25 Extended Call for Entries ($20 Per Single Entry/$35 Per Campaign) — Any entries submitted after Monday, January 22 will have a late fee applied: $20 Per Single Entry/$35 Per Campaign. All extended entries MUST be submitted and received by 6PM on Thursday, January 25.
Feb. 2-4 ADDY Judging
Feb. 17 ADDY GALA. Jacksonville Public Library
- Download this year’s guide to Professional Rules & Categories.
- Download this year’s guide to Student Rules & Categories.
Contact AAF Jacksonville Addys@aafjacksonville.org